The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: A Trilogy in Five Parts

Author: Douglas Adams
Series: The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Books 1-5
Hardback: 776 pages
ISBN: 0434003484
Buy from Amazon

Join Arthur Dent on his journey through the galaxy. Pack your towel and hitch a lift as Arthur sees his planet destroyed, fails to find a good cup of tea anywhere in the vastness of space and time, and finally ends up making perfectly ordinary sandwiches in a quite corner of the galaxy. Brightening up the journey are a paranoid android, a bowl of petunias and a very surprised sperm whale. Oh and of course if all else fails follow the instructions and... DON'T PANIC!

2 comments:

One of THE best books. I read it when it was a trilogy in four parts and I've never read the fifth part. Sort of, well, would it spoil all my memories?

The fifth part is a little strange and certainly not as good as the first three (I honestly didn't think much to part four). It still has the funny lines and scenes -- Ford making a security robot very happy is worth reading it for.

Strangely there part six of three is due out soon. It's authorised by his wife although it has been written by Eoin Colfer. The one review I've seen suggests that it isn't that funny but I may read it at some point.

Of course I still find the radio plays funnier than the books. I'm banned from listening to them at work as I tend to laugh out loud too often!