The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Author: Mark Haddon
Paperback: 280 pages
ISBN: 978-0099450252
Recommendation: wouldn't recommend
Buy from Amazon

Christoper is autistic, which affects his view of the world around him in ways that even he admits can seem strange. When his neighbour's dog is killed he sets out on a journey to discover the perpetrator. Having been told to leave it alone by his father and the police he decides to stop at nothing to solve the crime, even leaving the safety of his own street on his own for the first time.

2 comments:

Now that is one I would recommend. I thought it was quite an insight into autism. But then that is a subject which particularly interests me.

It's an odd book, and I know that I seem to be in the minority with my view on it.

While I think it is a really clever book in the way it treats autism (the chapters being prime numbers is a good example) I just didn't think that it was a particularly good read.

Only five books into my new categorization and already my view has diverged from everyone else!